Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pretty in Pink

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY LYLA!!

I grew up in a home where birthdays were always a big deal. In fact, my older sister Rachel would practically spend an entire year planning her birthday party. (It is no surprise that she is an incredible party planner as you can see on her blog.) Since we were planning to come home to Utah during Christmas my sister volunteered to throw Lyla a party and I couldn't resist. One of the reasons I was so excited to have a girl was to throw girly parties and dress her up all in pink.  The theme of the party was "Pretty in Pink" and Lyla sat in this stylish pink chair to receive her many presents from friends and family.
This is a small taste of Rachel's home at Christmas, incredible I know!! She gathered sweets from some of the best bakeries in Utah. To have a full list of the details visit her blog.





One of favorite things from the party was this flower and fairy garland. It is currently hanging in Lyla's room to remind her that fairys are real. What I have loved over this past year is seeing her imagination grow. I am excited to share how Lyla has opened my eyes and reminded me again that world we live really is a magical place full of wonder. Every day I am grateful I have her. Happy Birthday Lyla!

No comments:

Post a Comment