Sunday, September 7, 2014

Disney Princess Gallery Wall

As most of you know my daughter is going through a big Disney Princess phase. It is adorable. Since we moved to a new place I have slowly been working on Lyla's room and wanted to incorporate some princess pictures on her wall. The only problem is my husband just got out of grad school so funds are limited. One night I was Google imaging Disney princesses and thought, "I bet I could draw that."



I pulled out my daughters art supplies and started trying to sketch each one. It didn't look half bad so I started doing more.



I drew some during our long car trip to D.C. and in the evenings after my daughter went to sleep. It was actually a lot of fun. I am not an artist at all, in fact, I think i went through 3 erasers during this project.
After I finished all the sketches I went to Walmart and found some $2 white frames. Sadly, the frames looked bad against the white wall.
 I decided since Lyla's room was already very colorful I would paint the frames. I first sprayed the frames with some paint and primer. Then I painted each one. 

Didn't they turn out cute? The frames are so light that I hung them all with thumb tacks (my husband hates holes in the wall!) The best part is this project only cost me $18.



Don't be afraid to practice your junior high art class skills! Pull out your color supplies and create some art for your home. 

-Bre

P.S.  In case you were wondering about Lyla's reaction to her wall she said, "I love it! Wait. Where are their faces? Where is Anna? Where's Tinkerbell?" Sooo I might be adding another row.


No comments:

Post a Comment