Friday, August 29, 2014

Toddler Flashcards


You know those 18 month old kids that talk like they are 3? These children are terrible for first time moms who assume that if another child is forming sentences as 18 months mine should be too! Well I served in Nursery for my church and heard a lot of young talkers. This made me kind of nervous that when my child was 2 she was still only saying 25 words. Luckily a few months she was talking well, but I wanted to help her to learn the best that I could.

 A few months ago I bought a laminator for a project and then I wondered what to do with it.  I found some great ways to use my laminator and it has been very helpful protection for paper that my 2 year old is too tempted to rip up! One of best things I did was create these little laminated flash cards for Lyla.

 I cut the letters, shapes, and numbers out on my Cricut machine and then laminated each one. So far they have been indestructible which is amazing which my child. (Yes that "E" is in her teeth)



I put them in my purse and use them all the time when we are waiting at restaurants or doctors, or when I am shopping at a store she will go through them. It has been a great tool for learning and has really helped her know her letters, numbers, and shapes very well. What do you use to teach your child? I would love to hear some of your ideas!

Happy Weekend!

-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment