Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Veggie Cream Cheese

If there's one thing you should know about me its that I LOVE DIPS! They are my comfort food. I'm pretty sure I've never eaten a raw vegetable by itself. In fact, when there was no veggie dip around the house I would dip carrots in A1 sauce.... yeah, I may have a problem. 

It seems my daughter has inherited the same love of dips so we often feast on Hummus and guacamole for lunch. This week I bought some Asiago cheese bagels and I dreamed of an incredible veggie spread to put on it. Then I thought that I could make this spread happen.

 I chopped up some carrots, peppers, green onions, radishes, parsley, and basil from my garden.
 I stuck it in my food processor on high for a minute.
 Then I put it on the bagel! It was incredible and life changing. Maybe I will dedicate my life to creating amazing dips to put on food. Enjoy this recipe!

Veggie Cream Cheese

Ingredients
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
1/2 c. red pepper
1/4 c. green onions
1/4 c. carrots
1/4 c. radishes ( or celery if you like that more)
1 tsp. fresh basil
1 tsp. fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

Directions
Chop up vegetables. Put room temperature cream cheese, vegetables, and garlic salt in food processor. Blend on high for 1 min. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment