Monday, October 6, 2014

Making Cardboard Castles


Oh last week was just sad. Sometimes I feel like my 2 year old acts like a teenager. Seriously. She talks back to me or when I call for her in the house she irritably yells back "what!?!" We needed to work on our attitude a little. It didn't help that Dad had to work very late all week. Well, one late afternoon, when the park just didn't sound fun, I gathered all the cardboard boxes we recently got from Amazon and grandma packages. I took all of them apart, got a big roll of duct tape, and started forming a castle.
I got out all of Lyla's finger paint and set out a mat so we could paint it in the garage. My favorite was my make shift apron I made her out of a garbage sack!

She and I had so much fun doing this. We laughed, talked, and painted for hours (the teenager in her disappeared). I would recommend this activity for everyone! It is funny in the end I thought some might consider our castle a "pinterest fail." It isn't very cute and kind of looks like a mess, but I let my child tape it up with me and paint it however she wanted it. So to me its a big win!



Look at that smile! It is so hard to catch it on camera, but when I do it melts me. This was such a fun day.

-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment