Sunday, September 28, 2014

Creating Glitter Crowns

Las week my husband was gone every night until 9pm. It was awful. I'm pretty sure I have mentioned  that my daughter doesn't nap so finding entertainment is hard. But usually at 6pm her wonderful father will come home, eat dinner and play with her until she goes to bed. Everyday I am grateful for  husband who loves to play. Well, it was 7:30pm on Thursday night and Tyler still wasn't home so I opened the craft closet and came up with a brilliant plan to make princess crowns. 
 Step 1: Get Glue. Any glue will work... ok I lied glue sticks don't really work. But all others are just fine! Draw the design of your crown with the glue and spread it around.
Step 2: Pour glitter onto the glue. Then carefully pour the glitter back into each bottle to conserve glitter. 
 Step 3: Add as many jewels to the crowns as you desire and viola! I suppose if you had a boy you could do a sword because swords are cool and have jewels.
 This activity lasted for a full hour! We had so much fun naming the different crowns for each princess. In fact, the next day Lyla got up and wanted to make crowns again. Oh the power of glitter and glue... it makes you wonder why you ever buy toys.

 Ok maybe my 2 year old did not make this crown... Yes I had fun doing it too! 



Well it was a fun evening, but hopefully this week will not have so many long nights!

-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment