Friday, September 19, 2014

Fort Games

 
Last Christmas Lyla's Ya Ya (Grandma) gave her this beautiful play tent from The land of Nod. It has become one of her favorite things to play with. In her last room we had it up all the time. She would hide in there a lot from me and she liked her quiet time inside the house. Now our space is smaller so we only bring it out every once in a while. 

 Some may wonder once you set up the tent what do you do inside? Here are a few of our tent games that we play:
  • We grab all her princesses and a ton of blankets and put them all to sleep and have a little sleepover party. My daughter doesn't nap anymore so it is "fake nap time".
  • When it is dark outside, I will turn off all the lights in the room and put a lamp inside the tent. I have a little big bad wolf puppet. She hides inside the tent while the big bad wolf tries to get inside. 
  • We read books in there together.
  • We set it up like a little house with chairs and a lamp and play house with the kitchen food.
  • The house has this cute mail slot pictured below. We will color, write letters, and then deliver them to the house mail box.
 Here is a look inside the house with the dolls. It surprised me the first time I went in there that I could fit inside the house quite nicely. There is a lot of space.
 Here is a look through the window. I like the design with the curtains because you can pull them up to let more light into the house. The fabric is really heavy and sturdy which is nice.
Of course the favorite game Lyla likes to play with the house is Princesses and tea parties. Today we had Ariel and Anna at the house... I mean castle. The girls filled up on Honest juice, sandwiches and lots of Chips(because you know back in the day that is what they feasted on.) I love watching little girls imaginations. I like to start the game and then stand back and see what they do themselves. They always come up with better stuff than I could think of.
Here are a couple of tutorial for teepees that are good DIYs. With the winter months coming soon and the possibility of more indoor time  it might be good to make one yourself. They are on The DIY Mommy and 333 park


Have a great weekend!

-Bre

1 comment: