Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pork Spring Roll Recipe

The first time I ate spring rolls was when I was visiting my adorable sister-in-law Cami in New York.  Cami is a world traveler and a fabulous cook. One bite and I was sold. Sadly, I never got her recipe but I went home and came up with one on my own. It is one of my favorite weekday meals because it is healthy and easy to make.
Mix the sauce ingredients together
Slice pork chops into strips. Heat olive oil in pan, add pork, and  then add the seasonings, plum sauce, and soy sauce and cook all the way through on medium heat.
Slice all the vegetables
Take paper and wet both sides under the sink. Try not to get too much water and only do one at a time.
Place rice paper on plate followed by lettuce.
Add the rest of the ingredients and fold tightly like a burrito. Add sauce and eat it all up!
Pork Spring Rolls

Pork ( I use pork chops and cut them into strips) you can use chicken
Montreal steak seasoning
Plum sauce
Soy sauce
olive oil

Cut pork in strips heat sesame oil and season pork with Montreal. Throw in pan add just a little soy and plum sauce. Cook all the way through

Sauce
1/4 c Fish sauce ( if you don't like fish sauce just add a little water to the mixture below and it is great)
1/4 c vinegar 
 1 Lime 
1 clove Garlic 
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 

Mix all ingredients together ( I sometimes add a little soy sauce to this mixture as well)

Other ingredients 
Rice wrappers
Romaine lettuce
Cucumber 
Carrots
Avocado 
Fresh basil leaves 
Fresh cilantro leaves

Take the rice wrappers and wet both side over the sink. Careful not to get it too wet! Place on plate take large piece of lettuce and place meat and all other desired ingredients inside. Wrap up the rice wrap and put the sauce inside and devour. 150 calories a wrap!


No comments:

Post a Comment