Monday, September 22, 2014

Trip to Disneyland

Get ready for an indulgent post with way too many pictures of  my cute child in Disneyland, taken with a crappy iphone.... just wanted to give full disclosure. In August, Lyla and I were lucky enough to spend a week with my mama and sissy in Newport Beach. It was a really great break that I needed it so bad. Living so far away from family is hard and moving again is even worse.

Newport is one of my favorite places to go. The weather is always wonderful and I also get to see my cool older brother and his gorgeous wife. They are always doing unique things around LA. When we were there they invited us to watch Casablanca in the Hollywood Cemetery and we also saw the Pageant of the Masters. If you have never been you need to go!

After our 8 hour flight to get to California Lyla immediately got off the plan and wanted to go to Disneyland. She reminded me that I told her, " We fly on the plane to see Ya ya and Rae Rae and then we go to Disneyland." Of course I didn't know she was going to take it literally!

Sadly, she had to wait a few days to go, but on the day of Disney she was primed and ready. We dressed her up in her favorite Princess dress and I had the whole day planned.
I was actually really glad that I looked through all the character and show times the night before. It made our day run so smoothly. We hardly had to wait in any lines ( mainly because we divided and conquered between my sister, mom, and I)  and even though it was HOT outside it was fun. Watching her greet each Princess was hilarious.  She would be talking in the line about the princess and then once it was her turn she would hide behind me and be shy. But with a little coaxing she sang a song for every princess.

We learned on the first day that Lyla does not like Pirates of the Caribbean. It really freaked her out and she hid her face the whole time. Afterword she said: " Mommy I like Yo Ho, but I HATE PIRATES!" As a result, she was freaked out by every ride. We literally had to force her on to Peter Pan and Winnie The Pooh. I almost took her on Pinocchio but when a worker heard me assuring her that the ride wasn't scary she said to us: "No, actually this ride is really scary she probably will hate it." So we avoided that one! 








Our second day my cute mother bought Lyla a few princess dresses and I became one of those "crazy moms" changes her kids clothes to match the princess picture.... yep.. it was pretty shameful. But Lyla was in Heaven so oh well! The greatest act of love and selflessness of the day was when my Dad waited in a 2 hour line for Lyla to see Elsa and Anna. It made her life.... yep... her life! The day before I refused to wait in the 3 hour line so I took lyla to the front and let her peek in the door to see them. However, when we walked away she look at me horrified and said: " No mom I want to meet Elsa and Anna." She cried and cried it was so sad. So I was very grateful for a sweet Grandpa.










Dreams really do come true.

With a little faith, trust, and pixie dust!

BreAnne Okoren

No comments:

Post a Comment