Tuesday, September 30, 2014

THE Cucumber Tomato Sandwich


 My father is an amazing gardener. Seriously the man has more than a green thumb! Growing up one of my favorite things about summer was my Dad's garden. Vegetables and fruits from the garden taste a thousand times better than the store. All summer long for lunch and sometime dinner we would eat one thing, cucumber tomato sandwiches. It is a recipe my father has developed and refined over many years till it has reached ultimate perfection. I have seriously thought of opening up a food stand in the summers to just sell this one sandwich... because nobody would want to eat anything else because it is THAT GOOD.

This summer my awesome Dad came to virginia and helped me start our new garden in our rental house. Sadly, the stupid bugs and fungus ate the cucumbers, but my tomatoes survived! We have been enjoying these awesome sandwiches all summer. I thought I would share this top secret family recipe with you to enjoy! ( It still taste good with store bought ingredients.)

Step 1: Toast yourself some yummy bread and spread some mayonnaise on top (or you can put miracle whip if your weird.) This is an open face sandwich so you will spread it over both slices.
Step 2: Thinly slice cucumbers and tomatoes and put them on the bread.

Step 3: Season with Salt and Italian Dressing. My favorite is the Olive garden dressing.


Eat it all up and enjoy!

Did I just change your life? Your Welcome!

-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment